The first foal for Washington's 2004 Horse of the Year Demon Warlock was born Feb. 9 at Bob and Barbara Meeking's Allaire Farms in Poulsbo, Wash.
Demon Warlock, Washington-bred Horse of the Year in 2004, has been retired by owners Tim and Allen Floyd and Mike Nist.
Demon Warlock, a 13-1 shot ridden by Adalberto Lopez, beat favorite Poker Brad by a head to win the $75,000 Budweiser Emerald Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Demons Begone, whose profuse bleeding as the favorite in the 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) resulted in him being pulled up on the backstretch, died July 4 of a ruptured aorta at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins