The first foal for Washington's 2004 Horse of the Year Demon Warlock was born Feb. 9 at Bob and Barbara Meeking's Allaire Farms in Poulsbo, Wash.
Demon Warlock, Washington-bred Horse of the Year in 2004, has been retired by owners Tim and Allen Floyd and Mike Nist.
Demon Warlock, a 13-1 shot ridden by Adalberto Lopez, beat favorite Poker Brad by a head to win the $75,000 Budweiser Emerald Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Demons Begone, whose profuse bleeding as the favorite in the 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) resulted in him being pulled up on the backstretch, died July 4 of a ruptured aorta at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York