The first foal for Washington's 2004 Horse of the Year Demon Warlock was born Feb. 9 at Bob and Barbara Meeking's Allaire Farms in Poulsbo, Wash.
Demon Warlock, Washington-bred Horse of the Year in 2004, has been retired by owners Tim and Allen Floyd and Mike Nist.
Demon Warlock, a 13-1 shot ridden by Adalberto Lopez, beat favorite Poker Brad by a head to win the $75,000 Budweiser Emerald Handicap at Emerald Downs on Sunday.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
Demons Begone, whose profuse bleeding as the favorite in the 1987 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) resulted in him being pulled up on the backstretch, died July 4 of a ruptured aorta at Ron and Nina Hagen's El Dorado Farms near Enumclaw, Wash.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race