Arqana posted record revenue Oct. 23 for part 1 of its October yearling sale, which closed three days of lively trade in Deauville that further underscored the vibrancy of the European yearling market.
Grade I winner Lion Heart was put through his first workout of the new year on Friday, breezing a half-mile in :48 3/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
A son of Danehill topped all bidding during the third-day of the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale at Newmarket, with the half-brother to group two winner, Schubert, bringing $1,100,000. The colt, out of Rossignol, was purchased by Adrian Nichol of B.B.A. Ireland, who eventually won out over local bloodstock agent Anton Koolman. The colt will be trained at Randwick by leading trainer Gai Waterhouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot