Arqana posted record revenue Oct. 23 for part 1 of its October yearling sale, which closed three days of lively trade in Deauville that further underscored the vibrancy of the European yearling market.
Grade I winner Lion Heart was put through his first workout of the new year on Friday, breezing a half-mile in :48 3/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
A son of Danehill topped all bidding during the third-day of the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale at Newmarket, with the half-brother to group two winner, Schubert, bringing $1,100,000. The colt, out of Rossignol, was purchased by Adrian Nichol of B.B.A. Ireland, who eventually won out over local bloodstock agent Anton Koolman. The colt will be trained at Randwick by leading trainer Gai Waterhouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen