Arqana posted record revenue Oct. 23 for part 1 of its October yearling sale, which closed three days of lively trade in Deauville that further underscored the vibrancy of the European yearling market.
Grade I winner Lion Heart was put through his first workout of the new year on Friday, breezing a half-mile in :48 3/5 over Santa Anita's fast main track.
Keeneland sold 2,933 horses for $210,802,500 during the 12-day September Yearling Sale, which ended on Saturday.
A son of Danehill topped all bidding during the third-day of the Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale at Newmarket, with the half-brother to group two winner, Schubert, bringing $1,100,000. The colt, out of Rossignol, was purchased by Adrian Nichol of B.B.A. Ireland, who eventually won out over local bloodstock agent Anton Koolman. The colt will be trained at Randwick by leading trainer Gai Waterhouse.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa