J J's Lucky Train was put to the test by favored Bandbox and proved best by a neck in the $51,500 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park Feb. 26.
Lenatareese, who has overcome wide trips to win both her turf starts, was one of nine 3-year-old fillies entered in Monday's $100,000-added Pebbles Handicap (gr. IIIT), the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Heriberto "Ocala" Cedano, who had worked for Hall of Fame trainer Phil "P.G." Johnson for 33 years, finds himself in a new position when he saddles Fortunate Damsel in Monday's $150,000 Lake Placid Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies at nine furlongs over Saratoga's Mellon turf course.
Jockey Pat Day will replace the injured Jose Santos aboard Lucifer's Stone, a leading contender in Monday's $100,000 Lake George Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Race Course.
One week removed from winning the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) aboard Smarty Jones, jockey Stewart Elliott has been named to ride the John Dowd-trained Whirlwind Charlott in the $200,000 Nassau County Breeders' cup Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Shake You Down, one of the more consistent sprinters in training over the last two seasons, heads the Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) on the same program.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica