Del Mar will continue the so-called "Players Pick 5" bet instituted by Hollywood Park this spring and will add a few new twists to its wagering menu for the meet that begins July 20.
A shorter racing week helped Del Mar register gains in average daily attendance and pari-mutuel handle, the California racetrack reported Sept. 9, closing day of the meet.
A new wagering platform called DelMarBets.com that allows bettors to make wagers online or by phone on Del Mar and other racetracks in the country year-round began operation July 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales