Combustion Racing's Delicate Dynamite has been a consistent performer for three years, producing a record of 24-7-7-3 for earnings of $348,649. All that is missing from the resume of the 4-year-old filly is a graded stakes victory.
In a race where the the likely top three betting choices were scratched, Patricia Generazio's Pure Disco won the $100,000 Revidere Stakes in gate-to-wire fashion Oct. 25 at Monmouth Park.
Under a patient ride from Julien Leparoux, Joseph Allen's Danzon demolished a field of 12 when she caught the frontrunners and opened up to nearly a five-length lead in the $175,000 Kentucky Cup Distaff (gr. III) over the Turfway Park Polytrack Sept. 29.
Quite a Bride made every pole a winning one while scoring a 2 1/4-length win in course record time in the $164,100 Early Times Mint Julep Handicap (gr. IIIT) (VIDEO) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf course Saturday.
Stronach Stable's homebred Sugar Shake brings a three-race winning streak, including a Santa Maria Handicap (gr. I) victory in her most recent start for trainer Bobby Frankel, into the $300,000 Louisville Breeders' Cup (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Churchill Downs Friday.
Delicate Dynamite rallied boldly with an explosive mid-stretch move and drew clear for a surprising two-length victory in the $75,000 Truly Bound Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
James Conway's Dash of Humor, winner of last month's Furl Sail Handicap, shares top weight of 118 pounds as the 3-1 morning line favorite in the $75,000 Truly Bound Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses