Geaux Dangerous won in his second start April 18 at Sunland Park.
The $600,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. II) drew a competitive field of 11 sophomores seeking points to qualify for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), including Southwest Stakes (gr. III) winner Super Ninety Nine.
Several Todd Pletcher trainees and Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) hopefuls worked at Palm Meadows Training Center the morning of March 10.
Many of the top contenders for this year's Triple Crown races, including champion 2-year-old male Shanghai Bobby, completed workouts on Monday morning in South Florida and Southern California.
This will be the first of six (monthly) editions of my top 20 contenders for the 2013 Kentucky Derby. read blog
Repole Stable's son of Dixie Union nosed out Normandy Invasion in the grade II Remsen Stakes Nov. 24 at Aqueduct.
A trio of juveniles trained by Todd Pletcher and Dover Stakes winner Vegas No Show top the field for the Nov. 24 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) at Aqueduct, a 1 1/8-mile, two-turn test that drew 10 entries.
Carolina Panthers quarterback Jake Delhomme earned his biggest win in racing when his little 2-year-old gelding Woozy overcame a poor start to claim the $150,000 D.S. "Shine" Young Memorial Futurity Saturday night at Evangeline Downs.
An appearance by Jake Delhomme -- this time in the role of Thoroughbred owner -- was just one of many highlights on an evening when more than $1 million in purse money was up for grabs for Louisiana-breds at Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino.
The hottest thing in Breaux Bridge, La., these day is native son Jake Delhomme, who as the Carolina Panthers quarterback, led the team to National Football League's National Football Conference Championship and a trip to the Super Bowl.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Record Tiznow Colt Lives Up to Expectations
- Animal Kingdom's First N. Hemisphere Starter Wins Big
- Tiznow Colt Brings $2.45 Million at OBS
- Strong Gains at OBS Session Led by Record Tiznow Colt
- Derby, Oaks Notes from Churchill Downs, April 27
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Santa Anita Officials Confident Future Cards Will Fill
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot