A compact but quality field led by top sprinters Delaunay and Gentlemen's Bet will line up Aug. 4 for the $400,000 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap (gr. I), which has attracted just five older horses.
Following a half-mile work over the main track at Saratoga July 20, Mylute was confirmed as a starter for the $600,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II). So Many Ways and Delaunay were also on the tab for trainer Tom Amoss.
Former claimer Delaunay increased his win streak to six when he swept past Trinniberg at the head of the stretch and prevailed by an easy four lengths over a sloppy track in the May 4 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II).
Champion sprinter Trinniberg heads a strong field for the 79th running of the $400,000 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) to be run May 4 at the Louisville track.
Believe You Can blew away the competition in the $150,000 New Orleans Ladies March 9 at Fair Grounds, posting her second straight win off the layoff; the $150,000 Duncan F. Kenner went to Delaunay for owner Maggi Moss.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong