Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
It may have lacked a seven-figure lot, but Tuesday's second breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale at Newmarket, England saw a fantastic trade resulting in figures that just fell short of the same day 12 months ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night