Finnegans Wake recorded the biggest win of his career when he held off longshot Patrioticandproud to take the $251,250 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Race Course on Nov. 27.
Jockey Garrett Gomez and Caballo Press of Ann Arbor, Mich., have have made a contribution of $10,000 to the Winners Foundation.
by Brian P. Turner -- It was in 1937 when Del Mar Race Course was first opened to the racing fans of Southern California. Legendary crooner Bing Crosby, one of the founders of the seaside track, was on hand to personally greet the public as they made their way through the gates.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- RMTC Plans Changes but No Merger with RCI
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned