Finnegans Wake recorded the biggest win of his career when he held off longshot Patrioticandproud to take the $251,250 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IIT) at Del Mar Race Course on Nov. 27.
Jockey Garrett Gomez and Caballo Press of Ann Arbor, Mich., have have made a contribution of $10,000 to the Winners Foundation.
by Brian P. Turner -- It was in 1937 when Del Mar Race Course was first opened to the racing fans of Southern California. Legendary crooner Bing Crosby, one of the founders of the seaside track, was on hand to personally greet the public as they made their way through the gates.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame