There was plenty of news Wednesday as Saratoga Race Course opened for the 2005 season, both in the racing secretary's office and on the backstretch.
The New York Racing Association, preparing for its meet at Saratoga, will continue to face unique challenges when racing begins July 27.
Stanley Ettinger's Tap The Admiral, wide while reaching contention on the final turn, kicked home powerfully to run down favored Package Store and win Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- Imagining Heads Tough Bowling Green at Spa
- Rock Fall Looks to Step Up in Vanderbilt
- Xtra Heat Halter to be Auctioned
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- Saratoga's PDJF Awareness Day Events Aug. 1
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex