There was plenty of news Wednesday as Saratoga Race Course opened for the 2005 season, both in the racing secretary's office and on the backstretch.
The New York Racing Association, preparing for its meet at Saratoga, will continue to face unique challenges when racing begins July 27.
Stanley Ettinger's Tap The Admiral, wide while reaching contention on the final turn, kicked home powerfully to run down favored Package Store and win Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Illinois Gaming Plans Would Slice Racing Aid
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Midnight Hawk Brings Illinois Derby Intrigue
- Stronach Takes Stand on Integrity Reforms
- And They're Off: The End of the Trail Edition
- Regulators Begin Asmussen Investigations
- Dude Back On Game for Charles Town Classic
- Street Boss Colt Among Top OBS Day 2 Workers
- Eight Rivals Try Kid Cruz in Federico Tesio