There was plenty of news Wednesday as Saratoga Race Course opened for the 2005 season, both in the racing secretary's office and on the backstretch.
The New York Racing Association, preparing for its meet at Saratoga, will continue to face unique challenges when racing begins July 27.
Stanley Ettinger's Tap The Admiral, wide while reaching contention on the final turn, kicked home powerfully to run down favored Package Store and win Saturday's $250,000-added Firecracker Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner