Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby