Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown