Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 2