Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Equibase to Provide First-Time Gelding Info
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- That Handicapping Show: Shadwell Turf Mile
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Sky Lantern Among Deep Field for Sun Chariot
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash