Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick