Grade I winner Obviously (IRE) showed he's at the top of his game in his first start in 7 1/2 months, romping to a repeat victory in the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 17 on the grass at Santa Anita Park.
Obviously registered his third consecutive graded-stakes win as the overwhelming favorite in the $200,000 Del Mar Mile, but he had to dig in close to home to hold off a couple of challengers Aug. 25 on the turf.
For a horse with the name he's been given, Obviously is anything but at the 2012 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Bill Lets New York OTBs Use Capital Funds
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Zindaya Stretches Out in Perfect Sting Stakes
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware