Degenerate Gal, a grade II winner and a graded stakes producer, was euthanized Oct. 1 because of complications from old age.
Ronald W. McDonald, whose homebred filly Degenerate Gal earned $936,393, died Aug. 29 at his home after a two-year battle with brain cancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup