Since fans at the Hallandale Beach track last saw her, the 4-year-old Ghostzapper filly established herself as a grade I winner and subsequently was purchased for $1 million at auction.
Morrow Cove has stamped herself as a talented filly on the improve in her past two starts for trainer Graham Motion. Whether she's good enough to get a graded score will be discovered Aug. 11 at Monmouth Park.
Millionreasonswhy, invading from Colonial Downs, wore down pacesetting Say a Novena in the stretch and edged away late to register a handy win in the $150,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park July 3.
The Futurity and Matron (both gr. II), previously held during the fall, both make their reappearance July 3 at Belmont Park after a one-year hiatus. The Futurity drew a field of six, while the Matron attracted seven.
Led by undefeated Texas-bred Shocktime, a field of eight 2-year-old fillies was drawn for the $100,000 Debutante (gr. III) June 25 at Churchill Downs. It is the first graded race of the year for juvenile fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Fresh Native Bombshell Wins Ontario Fashion
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?