When contenders for champion steeplechaser of 2011 were announced, Irvin S. Naylor was assured he would take home the Eclipse Award statuette because he owned all three finalists.
Irish-bred Black Jack Blues, relishing the soft going at Far Hills Races in New Jersey Oct. 22, strode away to a front-running seven-length victory in the $250,000 Grand National (NSA-I).
Vinnie Roe, Dermot Weld's remarkable stayer, won the Irish St. Leger Stakes (Ire-I) for a fourth consecutive time Saturday, setting off a huge celebration at The Curragh.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
The Hollywood Park meet comes to a close with several Hollywood-type finishes.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- TVG Plans Special Coverage, Events at Saratoga
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Migliore Joins XBTV's Digital Media Team
- Look Back: Shuvee Completes a Filly Triple Crown
- Leatherbury, Maryland Racing Mourn Ben's Cat