Deer Lake has been retired to stud at Foot Fall Farm near Palmyra, Ind., where he will stand for $2,000.
Smile Sprint (gr. III) winner Champali and Canadian Frontier, who has back-to-back stakes wins at Monmouth Park to his credit, are the 122-pound co-highweights for Friday's Phoenix Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) that is part of the opening-day card at Keeneland in Lexington, Ky.
Cajun Beat, last year's Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner, kicked off his 2004 campaign with a gate-to-wire victory in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at six furlongs.
Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) champion Cajun Beat makes his first start Saturday since his 2 ½-length win at Santa Anita in October in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Out of My Way came from just off the pace to capture Saturday's $100,000 Arlington Sprint by three lengths.
Barry & Sondra Buchholz' Cashel Castle makes his fist start aft a 16-month absence in Saturday's $100,000 Arlington Sprint. The Arlington Sprint is a six-furlong dash for 3-year-olds & upward and attracted a field of seven.
Gygistar makes his eagerly anticipated return to the races in Sunday's $100,000 Deputy Minister Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions