Darley stallion Admire Moon will stand in 2012 for 4 million yen, approximately $51,000.
Champion Japanese mare Vodka was too good once again, winning an action packed renewal of the final leg of the Asian Mile Challenge, the 59th running of the Yasuda Kinen (Jap-I) June 7 at Tokyo racecourse.
Vodka, a 4-year-old filly who won two grade I stakes against horses of all ages and of both genders, became the first filly/mare to claim the Japan Racing Association's Horse of the Year title in 11 years.
Jockey Mirco Demuro rode Screen Hero to an upset over Deep Sky in the Nov. 30, US$4,639,000 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset