Darley stallion Admire Moon will stand in 2012 for 4 million yen, approximately $51,000.
Champion Japanese mare Vodka was too good once again, winning an action packed renewal of the final leg of the Asian Mile Challenge, the 59th running of the Yasuda Kinen (Jap-I) June 7 at Tokyo racecourse.
Vodka, a 4-year-old filly who won two grade I stakes against horses of all ages and of both genders, became the first filly/mare to claim the Japan Racing Association's Horse of the Year title in 11 years.
Jockey Mirco Demuro rode Screen Hero to an upset over Deep Sky in the Nov. 30, US$4,639,000 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan