Darley stallion Admire Moon will stand in 2012 for 4 million yen, approximately $51,000.
Champion Japanese mare Vodka was too good once again, winning an action packed renewal of the final leg of the Asian Mile Challenge, the 59th running of the Yasuda Kinen (Jap-I) June 7 at Tokyo racecourse.
Vodka, a 4-year-old filly who won two grade I stakes against horses of all ages and of both genders, became the first filly/mare to claim the Japan Racing Association's Horse of the Year title in 11 years.
Jockey Mirco Demuro rode Screen Hero to an upset over Deep Sky in the Nov. 30, US$4,639,000 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse.
The relentless Vodka, piloted by Yutaka Take, caught Daiwa Scarlett in the final stride to win the $2,448,000 Tenno Sho Autumn (Jpn-I) by a nose before 121,961 spectators at Tokyo Racecourse Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- After the Eclipse: Songbird at WinStar Part 2
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn