Eliciting a "beautiful" from trainer Craig Dollase, J. Paul Reddam's Elloluv turned in a three-furlong work in :36 3/5 before sunrise Tuesday at Santa Anita, completing her serious work toward Saturday's Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I).
Godolphin Stable's Sulamani recovered after stumbling badly on the final turn, impressively sweeping past the field in the stretch to record an easy 2 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $750,000 Turf Classic Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park.
Lunar Sovereign, impressive winner of Belmont's Man 'o War (gr. IT), breezed a half mile over Belmont Park's main track in :49 3/5 Monday morning in preparation for Saturday's grade I, $750,000 Turf Classic (gr. IT).
The rare summer stakes race on the grass in Maryland has attracted eleven entries for Saturday's $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup at Laurel Park, the only six figure race in the 22-day summer meet.
Irving's Baby will attempt to become broodmare Irving's Girl's second offspring in six days to win a graded stakes race when the 5-year-old mare by Quiet American faces six rivals in Friday's $100,000 Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Deeliteful Irving's win in Gulfstream's Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on March 23 was what trainer Todd Pletcher hoped for, but it wasn't what he expected.
Sky Classic Handicap (Can-IIT) winner Muntej will race next in the $500,000 Early Times Hollywood Derby (gr. IT) Nov. 26 at Hollywood Park. n other Hollywood Turf Festival news, trainer Todd Pletcher will enter two horses in separate events. Texas Glitter will race in Friday's $200,000 Hollywood Turf Express (gr. IIIT) and Deeliteful Irving will run in Saturday's $200,000 Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby