Perfect Drift, the old warrior who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), turned in his final prep for this year's 1 1/4-mile race with a five-furlong workout Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center in Louisville.
Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Hours before his fellow sophomores squared off in the Preakness, Kentucky Derby third-place finisher Perfect Drift began his serious training for the Belmont Stakes with a five-furlong work at the Trackside training center in Louisville.
Stonecrest Farm's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Perfect Drift worked six furlongs for trainer Murray Johnson Friday at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely