Perfect Drift, the old warrior who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), turned in his final prep for this year's 1 1/4-mile race with a five-furlong workout Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center in Louisville.
Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Hours before his fellow sophomores squared off in the Preakness, Kentucky Derby third-place finisher Perfect Drift began his serious training for the Belmont Stakes with a five-furlong work at the Trackside training center in Louisville.
Stonecrest Farm's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Perfect Drift worked six furlongs for trainer Murray Johnson Friday at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded