Perfect Drift, the old warrior who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), turned in his final prep for this year's 1 1/4-mile race with a five-furlong workout Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center in Louisville.
Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Hours before his fellow sophomores squared off in the Preakness, Kentucky Derby third-place finisher Perfect Drift began his serious training for the Belmont Stakes with a five-furlong work at the Trackside training center in Louisville.
Stonecrest Farm's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Perfect Drift worked six furlongs for trainer Murray Johnson Friday at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return