Perfect Drift, the old warrior who finished third in last year's Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), turned in his final prep for this year's 1 1/4-mile race with a five-furlong workout Oct. 28 at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center in Louisville.
Mercedes Stables' and Madeleine Paulson's Rock Hard Ten, third via disqualification in the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) and excluded from the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I) because of insufficient earnings in graded stakes events, tuned up for an expected run in the Preakness (gr. I) with a seven furlong workout Tuesday at Churchill Downs.
Hours before his fellow sophomores squared off in the Preakness, Kentucky Derby third-place finisher Perfect Drift began his serious training for the Belmont Stakes with a five-furlong work at the Trackside training center in Louisville.
Stonecrest Farm's Lane's End Spiral Stakes (gr. II) winner Perfect Drift worked six furlongs for trainer Murray Johnson Friday at Churchill Downs' Trackside training center.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'