Blind Luck cemented her status as the top 3-year-old filly in the nation, as she passed odds-on choice Devil May Care at the eighth-pole and wore down Havre de Grace in the late stages to win the Alabama Stakes (gr. I).
For the third time this season Blind Luck ran down a rival in the final jump to win by the narrowest of margins, this time nosing out Havre de Grace in the $263,200 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) July 10 on the slop.
Multiple stakes winner Bwana Bull, who was added to the contenders list for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) over the weekend, worked six furlongs in 1:14 2/5 at Churchill Downs Monday, April 30.
Theater R.N., making her stakes debut for Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel, came storming home on the outside to beat stablemate Lots of Hope by a half-length and win the grade II, $150,000 Las Palmas Handicap for fillies and mares on closing day at Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park.
Irish Bear, a popular stakes winner in the Northwest, died July 5
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Rake Farms, Butler Dominate Minnesota Card
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward