Dolphus Morrison, breeder of Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, will disperse his Thoroughbred holdings during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
It Happened Again, making his first start in more than five months, wore down pacesetter Isthmus to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by 1 1/4 lengths at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 3.
With an impressive late kick, the filly by Include wins the Delaware Oaks by a neck and captures her first graded stakes.
Trainer Steve Asmussen took the top two spots in the $125,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) when It Happened Again scored his first graded stakes win by a half-length over stablemate Thiskyhasnolimit March 12 at Oaklawn Park
House of Grace caught Smart Seattle at the wire to register a nose victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes, which was taken off the turf and transferred to Keeneland's Polytrack Oct. 15 at the rain-slickened Lexington track.
By DeDe McGehee -- I feel very strong bonds to these nurse mares because I was raised by one; I had my own Ruby as a mother
Wingsea, the dam of millionaire Polar Expedition was sold Wednesday to Dede McGehee for $2,000 in a public auction in Fayette County (Lexington, Ky.) Circuit Court.
Levels have risen in Central Kentucky waterways after a week of rain, but beyond soggy paddocks, no farms have been aversely affected by the water.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North