Dolphus Morrison, breeder of Horse of the Year Rachel Alexandra, will disperse his Thoroughbred holdings during the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
It Happened Again, making his first start in more than five months, wore down pacesetter Isthmus to capture the $138,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by 1 1/4 lengths at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots Dec. 3.
With an impressive late kick, the filly by Include wins the Delaware Oaks by a neck and captures her first graded stakes.
Trainer Steve Asmussen took the top two spots in the $125,000 Razorback Handicap (gr. III) when It Happened Again scored his first graded stakes win by a half-length over stablemate Thiskyhasnolimit March 12 at Oaklawn Park
House of Grace caught Smart Seattle at the wire to register a nose victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes, which was taken off the turf and transferred to Keeneland's Polytrack Oct. 15 at the rain-slickened Lexington track.
By DeDe McGehee -- I feel very strong bonds to these nurse mares because I was raised by one; I had my own Ruby as a mother
Wingsea, the dam of millionaire Polar Expedition was sold Wednesday to Dede McGehee for $2,000 in a public auction in Fayette County (Lexington, Ky.) Circuit Court.
Levels have risen in Central Kentucky waterways after a week of rain, but beyond soggy paddocks, no farms have been aversely affected by the water.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab
- Geller to Follow Loiselle on Woodbine Mic
- Commentary: Unintended Consequences
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- American Pharoah Back on Track at Churchill
- American Pharoah to Stand at Ashford Stud
- Zayat Calls Gambling Debt Lawsuit Extortion
- Zayat Sells Stud Rights to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Los Al at Monthly Meeting
- Ashleyluvssugar Takes Aim at Whittingham