Foreign buyers taking a little off the top of America's best bloodlines.
It's good news (I think) that Fasig-Tipton is moving its Florida sale of 2-year-olds in training to Palm Meadows, but it's bad news that Walt Robertson is retiring. I'll miss him. Read Blog
Alan Greenspan says a sustained stock market rally would be the best thing for the American economy and it also would help the Thoroughbred auction business as well. Read Blog
Blind Luck, whose nickname was Clover, survived a scare caused by a Great Pyrenees before going through the sale ring and becoming a famous racehorse. Read Blog
Fifteen of the 25 most recent Kentucky Derby winners were reported as being sold once or more at public auction before they captured the classic. Read Blog
Is it necessary for a mare and just born foal to go to the sale ring! Can the mare just go alone or can both be offered in absentia? Read to see what a sale company official and a consignor think. Read Blog
Fasig-Tipton is a sale company, but it's going racing in an effort to attract new participants for the Thoroughbred business. It's a good idea, and in the long run, it won't just benefit Fasig-Tipton. Read Blog
In the opinion of her breeder and co-owner, Dolphus Morrison, Kentucky Oaks morning-line favorite Rachel Alexandra "could have been competitive" in the Run for the Roses, but he said he "didn't have a fleeting thought" of running her against the boys.
Westrock Stables' Scott Ford, a former president and chief executive officer of Alltel, hasn't been in the Thoroughbred business for long, but he was a major player at the Ocala Breeders'Sales Co. select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Prices were down significantly at the first major auction of the selling season for 2-year-olds in training Feb. 17 in Central Florida. Read what one buyer and several consignors had to say about the market at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. February auction.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker