EquiSoft Inc. and Robert L. Decker LLC, a Louisville, KY., based business consulting firm, reached agreement on a strategic partnership to market software and internet development services to the racing industry, focusing primarily on the development and marketing of pari-mutuel wagering and handicapping software and related new media racing initiatives
Robert Decker, previously executive vice president and chief financial officer for Churchill Downs Inc., has opened a Louisville, Ky., consulting practice that will provide advisory services to racetrack companies and racing support companies, as well as Kentucky-based firms in other industries.
Robert Decker, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Churchill Downs Inc., and president of the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network, is leaving to pursue other career opportunities, the company announced Dec. 16.
Churchill Downs is setting up its simulcasting operations as a separate operating unit within the corporation.
Churchill Downs is one of 70 leading public and private companies asked to do a presentation before investors Wednesday morning at the 11th Annual CIBC World Markets Gaming, Lodging, and Leisure Conference in New York City.
Rich Decker has resigned his position as president of WinStar Farm, the Versailles, Ky., operation owned by telecommunications executives Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner, who purchased the former Prestonwood Farm from Jack, Art, and the recently deceased J.R. Preston in January 2000. Decker was manager of Prestonwood since 1988.
Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner have purchased 314 acres next to their WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky. The addition brings the farm's total land to about 964 contiguous acres.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf