The Tattersalls December sale ended Dec. 3 with gross sales of more than 84.17 million guineas (US$133.67 million), just 1% shy of last year's total receipts of 84.97 million guineas.
Tattersalls' December sale ended quietly in England with a breeding stock session in which a 3-year-old colt, sold as a jumping prospect, topped trade at 65,000 guineas. The other figures for Dec. 4 were 139 horses sold, a gross of 656,650 guineas, an average price of 4,724 guineas, and a median price of 2,800 guineas. During the four-day breeding stock portion of the December auction, the 610 horses that sold grossed 33,355,150 guineas and averaged 54,681 guineas. The median was 12,500 guineas.
A complete dispersal of horses owned by Roger Baines' Britton House Stud is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale in England.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale opened Sunday in Maryland with a gross that exceeded last year's first session total, but the average and median prices both suffered setbacks.
The final phase of the dispersal from the late Prince Fahd Salman's Newgate Stud, which will include European champion and dual classic winner Ramruma, is scheduled for the Tattersalls December sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes