The Tattersalls December sale ended Dec. 3 with gross sales of more than 84.17 million guineas (US$133.67 million), just 1% shy of last year's total receipts of 84.97 million guineas.
The Tattersalls December Sale sees the fourth-highest gross in the history of the auction after completing its fourth and final session.
Sumora tops the second day of the Tattersalle December Mare Sale, which saw 160 lots sell for 25,258,800 guineas.
All indices rose on the first day of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale led by Miss Keller, who brought 625,000 guineas from Waratah Thoroughbreds' Paul Fudge.
Incredible figures were returned at Tattersalls December Mare Sale in Newmarket, England, over four days, December 3 to 6.
John Ferguson purchased a quartet of 3-year-olds for a total of 10.1 million gns ($19,840,540) on a lively opening breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket yesterday. He also set a new European record for a filly when he bought Satwa Queen for 3.4 millin gns (nearly $6.7 million).
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road
- Official Veterinary Team From China Visits Kentucky