Popular gelding Ribo Bobo continued his remarkable rise from the claiming ranks May 10 in capturing the $79,000 Decathlon Stakes, Monmouth Park's opening-day feature, by a comfortable 1 1/2 lengths.
Monmouth Park kicked off its 68th season of Thoroughbred racing May 11 with an enthusiastic crowd of 9,636 on hand despite monsoon-like weather. The New Jersey track reported a hefty increase in handle over last year.
Racing at Monmouth Park returns May 11 in Oceanport, N.J., with a 12-race program attracting a total of 117 entries.
Blue skies and balmy temperatures greeted a new era at Monmouth Park May 12 when the track opened its 67th season of Thoroughbred racing with increases in attendance and wagering over last year.
Monmouth Park opens this Saturday, May 12, with a 12-race program attracting a total of 117 entries.
This Ones for Phil captured the featured $75,000 Decathlon Stakes, Joe Bravo won three races, and a crowd of 10,847 enjoyed opening day festivities as Monmouth Park kicked off the 2011 Thoroughbred racing season May 14.
Monmouth Park got off to a good start May 9 with solid gains in attendance and mutuel handle for the first day of a 94-day meeting.
John Petrini's New Jersey homebred Joey P. eyes his fifth stakes score of the season Dec. 29 at Aqueduct, as he will face five rivals in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III), a race that was rescheduled from Dec. 16 because of inclement weather in New York.
John Petrini's homebred Joey P. rolled to a track-record victory in the $60,000 Decathlon Stakes at Monmouth Park on Saturday as 13,066 fans gave a rousing welcome back to Thoroughbred racing at the Jersey Shore.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff