Favorite Tale, a 3-year-old son of Tale of the Cat, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite for the Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park. The six-furlong race is worth $100,000.
Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) winner takes on brilliant maiden winners Honor Code and Havana in $500,000 headline event for 2-year-olds Oct. 5 at Belmont Park.
After disappointing in the Sanford Stakes (gr. II) as the favorite, Debt Ceiling attempts to rebound in the $100,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 1 at Monmouth Park.
New York-bred Wired Bryan upset the $300,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-olds at odds of 7-1 July 21 at Saratoga Race Course, running away from his rivals through the stretch by 5 1/4 lengths.
Bashford Manor (gr. III) winner Debt Ceiling, undefeated in three starts for Maryland-based trainer John Robb, faces six others in the 99th running of the $200,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) July 21 at Saratoga.
Debt Ceiling improved his career to a perfect 3-for-3 by taking the $111,400 Bashford Manor Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs in a commanding fashion June 29.
Zayat Stables' Zee Bros among the stakes winners at Pimlico during the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) day program.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double