Thomas Van Meter II's Be Gentle took the early lead under Cornelio Velasquez and never looked back, romping to a decisive 5 1/2-length victory Friday in the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. II) at Keeneland Racecourse.
Tom VanMeter II's Be Gentle, runner up to the undefeated Ashado last time out in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I), looms large against six rivals in the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) Friday at Keeneland.
The Darley Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II) on Keeneland's opening day card Oct. 3 is likely to have a field of seven 2-year-old fillies according to track officials. The 1 1/16-miles, two-turn race has proven to be a valuable prep for the World Thoroughbred Championships.
Saratoga Notebook: Sky Mesa Update; Surgery for Heckle; Plans Uncertain for Hennig Pair; Shine Again May Go Long
Sky Mesa may not miss a day of training while recovering from a bruised hoof, an injury he suffered while finishing last in the Travers (gr. I) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea