The second New York off-track betting corporation to seek bankruptcy protection has filed a proposed schedule with a federal court to make good on its liabilities.
Three months after the closure of the state's largest off-track betting corporation, Suffolk Regional OTB has now gone through with its threat to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy reorganization protection.
NYSRWB chairman said he knows of no other off-track betting corporation facing the kinds of financial troubles of Suffolk County Off-Track Betting Corp., which is threatening to seek bankruptcy protection.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Hope for Distribution of PA Breeder Awards
- McCarron: Clarification