The second New York off-track betting corporation to seek bankruptcy protection has filed a proposed schedule with a federal court to make good on its liabilities.
Three months after the closure of the state's largest off-track betting corporation, Suffolk Regional OTB has now gone through with its threat to seek Chapter 9 bankruptcy reorganization protection.
NYSRWB chairman said he knows of no other off-track betting corporation facing the kinds of financial troubles of Suffolk County Off-Track Betting Corp., which is threatening to seek bankruptcy protection.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid