Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Johannesburg remained unbeaten while giving trainer Aidan O'Brien another group I success in Sunday's Prix Morny Casinos Barriere at Deauville. Also at Deauville Sunday, 2000 French Derby winner Holding Court won the Grand Prix de Deauville Lucien Barriere (Fr-II).
It took some help from the stewards, but Vahorimix remained unbeaten on paper in France this year with a win via the disqualification of Proudwings in Sunday's Prix du Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville. It marks the second French group I win on the year for Vahorimix in which he finished second on the course.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien continues his winning ways, scoring two more group I victories.
Sheikh Hamdan Al Maktoum and his brother Maktoum Al Maktoum accounted for three stakes victories at three separate European tracks on Aug. 11.
Joe L. Allbritton's 2-year-old colt Bad As I Wanna Be earned his second career victory Sunday, winning the Prix Morny Casinos Barriere (Fr-I) by six lengths at Deauville, France.
Godolphin Racing's Muhtathir won the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-Le-Buffard-Jacques Le Marois (Fr-I) by three lengths over Sendawar Sunday at Deauville.
Bold Edge earned his first group I win Sunday, edging out Lend A Hand by a neck in the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I) at Deauville, France.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise