The New York Senate's top Republican wants Belmont Park to be included in the list of possible casino expansion locations.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
Top state officials continued to pound the New York Racing Association, a day after regulators suggested its exclusive franchise to operate the state's major Thoroughbred tracks could be in jeopardy.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. could get a last-minute reprieve from its threatened shut-down Dec. 3, following a promise by the New York state Senate to take up a reorganization bill for the state-owned entity.
A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
The top Republican in the New York state Legislature is, again, calling on the governor and Democrats to back an effort to bring a casino to Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet