The New York Senate's top Republican wants Belmont Park to be included in the list of possible casino expansion locations.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and legislative leaders have reached an accord on the temporary takeover of the New York Racing Association by the state government.
Top state officials continued to pound the New York Racing Association, a day after regulators suggested its exclusive franchise to operate the state's major Thoroughbred tracks could be in jeopardy.
The New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. could get a last-minute reprieve from its threatened shut-down Dec. 3, following a promise by the New York state Senate to take up a reorganization bill for the state-owned entity.
A new member of the New York State Racing and Wagering Board has been approved by the state Senate, but not without the usual dose of partisan wrangling at the state Capitol.
The top Republican in the New York state Legislature is, again, calling on the governor and Democrats to back an effort to bring a casino to Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares