Jockey Dean Sarvis will miss at least six to eight weeks of riding time due to injuries incurred in a racing accident at River Downs on Saturday.
Turfway Park closed its four-month Winter/Spring Meet April 7 with mixed results, as on-track handle held steady but off-track wagering slipped compared to the same period last year.
Magna Graduate captured the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park Saturday, setting him up for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) three weeks away.
Jockey Dean Sarvis won the 1,000th race of his career Friday night aboard Mr Mag, who closed on the leaders in the stretch and came away a neck in front.
Jockey Dean Sarvis has been removed from a published list of jockeys who were excluded from riding at Churchill Downs through the remainder of the fall meeting and he will return to the saddle on Friday.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer knew something the bettors missed – Cappuchino likes Kentucky. Belying his 31-1 odds, the 5-year-old broke first, finished first, and was never seriously threatened in his successful bid to win the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador