Jockey Dean Sarvis will miss at least six to eight weeks of riding time due to injuries incurred in a racing accident at River Downs on Saturday.
Turfway Park closed its four-month Winter/Spring Meet April 7 with mixed results, as on-track handle held steady but off-track wagering slipped compared to the same period last year.
Magna Graduate captured the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park Saturday, setting him up for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) three weeks away.
Jockey Dean Sarvis won the 1,000th race of his career Friday night aboard Mr Mag, who closed on the leaders in the stretch and came away a neck in front.
Jockey Dean Sarvis has been removed from a published list of jockeys who were excluded from riding at Churchill Downs through the remainder of the fall meeting and he will return to the saddle on Friday.
Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer knew something the bettors missed – Cappuchino likes Kentucky. Belying his 31-1 odds, the 5-year-old broke first, finished first, and was never seriously threatened in his successful bid to win the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown