The Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund will grant $159,250 to non-profit organizations, including the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
With the help of Hall of Fame jockeys Pat Day and Sandy Hawley, Canterbury Park and the Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced that nearly half of its $250,000 fundraising goal for a new chapel has been met.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- KY-Bred Colts Set for Rematch at Goodwood
- Historical Racing Argued Again in Court