The Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund will grant $159,250 to non-profit organizations, including the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
With the help of Hall of Fame jockeys Pat Day and Sandy Hawley, Canterbury Park and the Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced that nearly half of its $250,000 fundraising goal for a new chapel has been met.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile