The Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund will grant $159,250 to non-profit organizations, including the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
With the help of Hall of Fame jockeys Pat Day and Sandy Hawley, Canterbury Park and the Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced that nearly half of its $250,000 fundraising goal for a new chapel has been met.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic