The Canterbury Park Minnesota Fund will grant $159,250 to non-profit organizations, including the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Ground was broken July 1 for the Dean Kutz Memorial Chapel at Canterbury Park, which plans to open it sometime during the current racing season.
With the help of Hall of Fame jockeys Pat Day and Sandy Hawley, Canterbury Park and the Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced that nearly half of its $250,000 fundraising goal for a new chapel has been met.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate
- Purely a Dream Leads Bourbonette Exacta for McPeek