Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Two yearlings sired by Redoute's Choice shared top honors when sold for Aust$400,000 ($359,228) each at the March 2 second session of the Melbourne Premier Sale being conducted by Inglis & Son in Australia.
A Pentire colt out of the winning Zabeel mare Surreal brought the top price of NZ$175,000 (approximately $92,802 in U.S. funds) during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale in Karaka Jan. 29. Dean Hawthorne purchased the colt from Rich Hill Thoroughbreds.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen