Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Two yearlings sired by Redoute's Choice shared top honors when sold for Aust$400,000 ($359,228) each at the March 2 second session of the Melbourne Premier Sale being conducted by Inglis & Son in Australia.
A Pentire colt out of the winning Zabeel mare Surreal brought the top price of NZ$175,000 (approximately $92,802 in U.S. funds) during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale in Karaka Jan. 29. Dean Hawthorne purchased the colt from Rich Hill Thoroughbreds.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos