Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Two yearlings sired by Redoute's Choice shared top honors when sold for Aust$400,000 ($359,228) each at the March 2 second session of the Melbourne Premier Sale being conducted by Inglis & Son in Australia.
A Pentire colt out of the winning Zabeel mare Surreal brought the top price of NZ$175,000 (approximately $92,802 in U.S. funds) during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale in Karaka Jan. 29. Dean Hawthorne purchased the colt from Rich Hill Thoroughbreds.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- La Cressonniere to Miss Arc After Setback