Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Two yearlings sired by Redoute's Choice shared top honors when sold for Aust$400,000 ($359,228) each at the March 2 second session of the Melbourne Premier Sale being conducted by Inglis & Son in Australia.
A Pentire colt out of the winning Zabeel mare Surreal brought the top price of NZ$175,000 (approximately $92,802 in U.S. funds) during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale in Karaka Jan. 29. Dean Hawthorne purchased the colt from Rich Hill Thoroughbreds.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever