Median price reached record heights by the end of the three-day first session of the Inglis Melbourne premier yearling sale March 4.
Two yearlings sired by Redoute's Choice shared top honors when sold for Aust$400,000 ($359,228) each at the March 2 second session of the Melbourne Premier Sale being conducted by Inglis & Son in Australia.
A Pentire colt out of the winning Zabeel mare Surreal brought the top price of NZ$175,000 (approximately $92,802 in U.S. funds) during the second session of New Zealand Bloodstock's select yearling sale in Karaka Jan. 29. Dean Hawthorne purchased the colt from Rich Hill Thoroughbreds.
Business declined significantly at New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale, which ended in Karaka Jan. 27 after a two-day run.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin