Dean Butler earn victory No. 2,000 April 22 in the fifth race at Tampa Bay Downs aboard Impromptu, a 4-year-old gelding owned by Empire Racing and trained by Bernell Rhone.
Mighty Brown might have aged a year earlier this week, but his performance in the $100,000 Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs Jan. 4 proved he's getting better.
Canterbury Park's 69-day racing season, the longest since 2006, concluded Sept. 14 with gains in average handle and attendance.
Trainer Mac Robertson continued his Minnesota Festival of Champions dominance by winning four of the six Thoroughbred stakes and an allowance race Sept. 1 at Canterbury Park.
Ruthville stole the show in front of a crowd of 8,259 fans at Canterbury Park Aug. 4, winning the $100,000 Lady Canterbury Stakes as a part of the track's second annual Fillies Race for Hope.
Jockey Scott Stevens remains in intensive care with severe injuries July 3 after a fall the previous night that caused a four-horse accident in the sixth race at Canterbury Park.
Members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority are still getting an introduction to their new roles, but that didn't stop them from changing a notable racing rule during a Feb. 16 meeting. Eleven of the 12 members present voted to temporarily suspend the rule that mandates what type of helmets jockeys must wear.
Jockeys Dean Butler and Joe Johnson were involved in a spill in the sixth race at Keeneland.
Jockey Dean Butler is expected to miss 10 days of riding after suffering a shoulder injury during a Monday training accident at Churchill Downs.
Jockey Jason Lumpkins, who moved his tack to Kentucky in mid-November after a successful run on Northern California circuit, has caught fire at Turfway Park after a slow start.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta