Ashford Stud has purchased the 725-acre Waterford Farm near Midway, Ky. for $10,135,072 from the West family.
Kathryn Martin West, who operated Waterford Farm near Midway, Ky., with her late husband Robert Smiser West, died Aug. 18 in Midway at age 91.
MacKenzie 'Mack' Miller, a Hall of Fame trainer who won the 1993 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) with Paul Mellon's Sea Hero, died the morning of Dec. 10 at the University of Kentucky's Markey Cancer Center in Lexington. He was 89.
Personal Legend and Fast Cookie came from just off the pace to win split divisions of the De La Rose Stakes at Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday.
De La Rose, a champion turf filly and grade I stakes producer, was euthanized Tuesday, March 6, at Henryk de Kwiatkowski's Calumet Farm near Lexington because of the infirmities of old age. The 23-year-old mare had dropped weight and been weakened by the harsh winter, according to the farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup