William de Burgh has announced that his grade I winner Heatseeker will begin his stud career in 2009 at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington
Grade I winner Heatseeker, who was scratched from the June 28 Hollywood Gold Cup (gr. I), has been retired from racing due to a soft tissue injury.
A filly by Montjeu topped the select portion of the Deauville sale Monday in France, with a final bid of 580,000 euros (about $710,000).
Most Popular Stories
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner