The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale ended its two-day run Oct. 13 in Central Florida with moderate losses of 12.8% in its average price and 6.7% in its median price. There was a smaller catalog than in 2008, when the auction was three days long, and that contributed to a 30.7% plunge in gross revenue and a 20.6% decline in the number of horses sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Madam Dancealot Closes From Last to Win San Clemente
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Girvin Has Final Work Ahead of Haskell
- Glamanation First Stakes Winner for Point of Entry
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies