The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s fall mixed sale ended its two-day run Oct. 13 in Central Florida with moderate losses of 12.8% in its average price and 6.7% in its median price. There was a smaller catalog than in 2008, when the auction was three days long, and that contributed to a 30.7% plunge in gross revenue and a 20.6% decline in the number of horses sold.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud