Offspring of first-crop stallions grabbed the spotlight on opening day of the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales premier yearling sale Aug. 25, selling for the day's top two prices.
Doncaster Bloodstock Sales closed two days of strong trade at the premier yearling sale Aug. 27 with final figures well ahead of last year's successful event.
The average price grew 9.7% from a year ago and the median price increased 1.3% during the Doncaster Bloodstock Sales' breeze-up auction April 20 in England.
Two of Europe's premier bloodstock auction companies, Doncaster Bloodstock Sales of England and Goffs of Ireland, are involved in discussions which could lead to a merger.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet