Echo Eddie and jockey Patrick Valenzuela bulled their way past Rocky Bar on the inside and went on to a two-length victory in Sunday's autumn meet-closing $85,970 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Multiple-stakes winning sprinter Echo Eddie heads a field of five in Sunday's $70,000-added Dayjur Handicap, closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Hollywood Park concluded its autumn meet Monday with a 4.8% increase in attendance and a 2.8% increase in total handle. The growth was particularly encouraging since it rained during the Southern California's 11th annual Turf Festival, the biggest day of the meet.
Texas Glitter won an early speed duel with Bay Runner then held off Full Moon Madness by a head Friday in the $75,750 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell