Echo Eddie and jockey Patrick Valenzuela bulled their way past Rocky Bar on the inside and went on to a two-length victory in Sunday's autumn meet-closing $85,970 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Multiple-stakes winning sprinter Echo Eddie heads a field of five in Sunday's $70,000-added Dayjur Handicap, closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Hollywood Park concluded its autumn meet Monday with a 4.8% increase in attendance and a 2.8% increase in total handle. The growth was particularly encouraging since it rained during the Southern California's 11th annual Turf Festival, the biggest day of the meet.
Texas Glitter won an early speed duel with Bay Runner then held off Full Moon Madness by a head Friday in the $75,750 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race