Echo Eddie and jockey Patrick Valenzuela bulled their way past Rocky Bar on the inside and went on to a two-length victory in Sunday's autumn meet-closing $85,970 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Multiple-stakes winning sprinter Echo Eddie heads a field of five in Sunday's $70,000-added Dayjur Handicap, closing day feature of Hollywood Park's 35-day Autumn Meet.
Hollywood Park concluded its autumn meet Monday with a 4.8% increase in attendance and a 2.8% increase in total handle. The growth was particularly encouraging since it rained during the Southern California's 11th annual Turf Festival, the biggest day of the meet.
Texas Glitter won an early speed duel with Bay Runner then held off Full Moon Madness by a head Friday in the $75,750 Dayjur Handicap at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- New York Lawmakers Question Cuomo's NYRA Plans
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Lane to Join The National Stud as New Stud Manager
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon