Heather Stark's Sky Mom angled wide around the final turn, caught pacesetter Dreaming of Liz at the furlong-marker and held off her stubborn rival to win the $100,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) by a length Aug. 2.
Heather Stark's Sky Mom, runner-up to talented filly Storm Mesa in her last two starts, seems primed to earn her first graded stakes score when facing seven rivals in the $100,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) Aug. 2 on the Polytrack.
Making his first start in stakes company, Tiz Now Tiz Then made a bold five-wide move into the stretch, took over near the furlong marker and won going away in the $250,000 Iowa Derby June 27 at Prairie Meadows.
After lackluster performances in both the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the May 31 Ohio Derby (gr. II), Z Fortune has raised questions. On June 27 in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows, the son of Siphon looks to provide some answers when he faces seven rivals.
Vastly improving with every start, Storm Mesa now faces her toughest competition to date and seeks the biggest payday of her career when she takes on nine rivals in the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) June 27 at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House