Heather Stark's Sky Mom angled wide around the final turn, caught pacesetter Dreaming of Liz at the furlong-marker and held off her stubborn rival to win the $100,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) by a length Aug. 2.
Heather Stark's Sky Mom, runner-up to talented filly Storm Mesa in her last two starts, seems primed to earn her first graded stakes score when facing seven rivals in the $100,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) Aug. 2 on the Polytrack.
Making his first start in stakes company, Tiz Now Tiz Then made a bold five-wide move into the stretch, took over near the furlong marker and won going away in the $250,000 Iowa Derby June 27 at Prairie Meadows.
After lackluster performances in both the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and the May 31 Ohio Derby (gr. II), Z Fortune has raised questions. On June 27 in the $250,000 Iowa Derby at Prairie Meadows, the son of Siphon looks to provide some answers when he faces seven rivals.
Vastly improving with every start, Storm Mesa now faces her toughest competition to date and seeks the biggest payday of her career when she takes on nine rivals in the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) June 27 at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat Wants 'Pharoah' to Run in Travers
- Honor Code Favored in Sparkling Whitney Field
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Priority One Jets to Sponsor Forego Stakes
- NYRA Reports Strong Handle Early at Saratoga
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Two Paths Toward Integrity