Trainer Chris Hartman notched the 1,000th victory of his career Sunday, June 22 when Silver Rock Star prevailed by a neck in the seventh race at Prairie Meadows.
Marble Cliff, the stakes winner-turned-maiden after his Ohio registration was revoked in July, could end up becoming a poster child for serious changes in breed-registration regulations in the Buckeye State -- and perhaps beyond.
Two Thoroughbreds that formerly raced as Ohio-registered are now listed as having been bred in Kentucky.
The owners of top Ohio-based Thoroughbred Marble Cliff must return the gelding's earnings of $109,940, the Ohio State Racing Commission ruled Aug. 21 after the panel upheld a stewards' ruling the 3-year-old wasn't eligible for Ohio-restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Runhappy in Final Drill for Return
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes