Trainer Chris Hartman notched the 1,000th victory of his career Sunday, June 22 when Silver Rock Star prevailed by a neck in the seventh race at Prairie Meadows.
Marble Cliff, the stakes winner-turned-maiden after his Ohio registration was revoked in July, could end up becoming a poster child for serious changes in breed-registration regulations in the Buckeye State -- and perhaps beyond.
Two Thoroughbreds that formerly raced as Ohio-registered are now listed as having been bred in Kentucky.
The owners of top Ohio-based Thoroughbred Marble Cliff must return the gelding's earnings of $109,940, the Ohio State Racing Commission ruled Aug. 21 after the panel upheld a stewards' ruling the 3-year-old wasn't eligible for Ohio-restricted races.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win