Team Valor International's Animal Kingdom galloped 1 1/2 miles on the dirt at Fair Hill Training Center June 3 in continued preparations for the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Getting his first win since a 2006 score in the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT), Richard C. Thompson's Ballast took the 2007 edition of same race after splitting horses in a dramatic move at Calder Race Course Dec. 1.
Four-year-old filly New Economy and local jockey Rosemary Homeister, Jr. teamed up at Calder to take the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) at 12 furlongs on the turf Saturday, part of the Grand Slam II program.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand