General Quarters, a two-time grade I winner, will enter stud at Stonewall Farm Ocala (Marc Haisfield, managing member) near Ocala, Fla.
Mary's Follies took over at the eighth-pole and went on to win the $209,500 Mrs. Revere (gr. IIT) in stakes record time Nov. 14 at Churchill Downs, remaining perfect in two starts on turf.
Some thought General Quarters' Sam F. Davis (gr. III) win two starts back was a fluke. But the son of Sky Mesa proved them wrong by powering to a 1 1/2-length victory in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) on April 11 at Keeneland, and he will now head to next month's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) as a legitimate contender.
Wild and Wicked, a grade II winner in his third start and winner over Saint Liam, will enter stud at Mr. and Mrs. R. David Randal's Fallbrook Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Trainer Kenny McPeek said Sunday morning that his unbeaten Ohio Derby (gr.II) winner Wild and Wicked will run in the Haskell Invitational (gr.I) instead of the Jim Dandy (gr.II) at Saratoga.
Trainer Kenny McPeek is on hand to watch Wild and Wicked win the Ohio Derby in just his third career start.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine
- Baffert Forever Linked to Unbridled's Song
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- War Front Gets 50th Black-Type Winner
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score