A constitutional amendment that would allow Georgia voters to decide on legalizing horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering in their cities was assigned to a House Regulated Industries Committee during the week of Feb. 7.
Acting GTOBA president Robert Meier has been asked by Georgia House Speaker David Ralston to put together an advisory panel to complete an economic impact study on the feasibility and benefits of horseracing in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- Trainer Michael de Kock on Mubtaahij
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Bill Authorizes New Jersey Casino Referendum
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Fairmount Sale Hinges on Approval for Slots
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel