A constitutional amendment that would allow Georgia voters to decide on legalizing horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering in their cities was assigned to a House Regulated Industries Committee during the week of Feb. 7.
Acting GTOBA president Robert Meier has been asked by Georgia House Speaker David Ralston to put together an advisory panel to complete an economic impact study on the feasibility and benefits of horseracing in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- WTBOA Summer Sale Catalog Available Online
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory