A constitutional amendment that would allow Georgia voters to decide on legalizing horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering in their cities was assigned to a House Regulated Industries Committee during the week of Feb. 7.
Acting GTOBA president Robert Meier has been asked by Georgia House Speaker David Ralston to put together an advisory panel to complete an economic impact study on the feasibility and benefits of horseracing in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Sabercat to Averett Farm in Louisiana
- Average Up, Median Steady as Karaka Sale Ends
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule
- Charles Town Cancels Friday Evening Card
- Ohio Begins Examination of Medication Rules
- Demonstrative in Aiken Thoroughbred HOF
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23