A constitutional amendment that would allow Georgia voters to decide on legalizing horse racing and pari-mutuel wagering in their cities was assigned to a House Regulated Industries Committee during the week of Feb. 7.
Acting GTOBA president Robert Meier has been asked by Georgia House Speaker David Ralston to put together an advisory panel to complete an economic impact study on the feasibility and benefits of horseracing in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts
- Trio Zips On OBS Spring Sale's Final Under Tack Day