Gov. David Paterson hinted that selection of an Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino operator could come as early as Oct. 1, but sources indicated it take a little while longer.
The new top regulator of racing in New York state offered a tough assessment of an industry he says is in decline in many ways because of its own doing.
State officials are working on a plan to help keep the New York City Off Track Betting Corp. from shutting by shaving up to 20% of revenue-sharing the OTB now makes to various entities, including the New York Racing Association, out-of-state tracks, and breeding programs.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- F-T Kentucky: Hip 154 Cowboy Cal--Refugee
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Massachusetts Sire Dr. Rockett Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby