Gov. David Paterson hinted that selection of an Aqueduct video lottery terminal casino operator could come as early as Oct. 1, but sources indicated it take a little while longer.
- By Tom Precious
The new top regulator of racing in New York state offered a tough assessment of an industry he says is in decline in many ways because of its own doing.
State officials are working on a plan to help keep the New York City Off Track Betting Corp. from shutting by shaving up to 20% of revenue-sharing the OTB now makes to various entities, including the New York Racing Association, out-of-state tracks, and breeding programs.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Thirty on Breeders' Cup Members Ballot
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park