The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously Feb. 15 to suspend fired chief state steward John Veitch for one year in connection with his actions surrounding the Life At Ten case.
A surprisingly good night for business on a winter evening at Turfway Park doesn't hide the fact Kentucky's year-round Thoroughbred racing industry is in serious trouble.
The 24th running of the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park Jan. 2 opens the track's stakes series for 3-year-olds and is the first prep for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) in March.
Deputy G, ridden by Gary Stevens, overcame a stumble at the start and turned back the stretch rally by R Loyal Man for a half-length victory in the $176,250 grade III Bashford Manor Stakes for 2-year-olds, the closing day feature at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Dialed In Colt Reckling Graduates at Saratoga
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- First Winners for Crossbow, Gattopardo
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers