The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously Feb. 15 to suspend fired chief state steward John Veitch for one year in connection with his actions surrounding the Life At Ten case.
A surprisingly good night for business on a winter evening at Turfway Park doesn't hide the fact Kentucky's year-round Thoroughbred racing industry is in serious trouble.
The 24th running of the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park Jan. 2 opens the track's stakes series for 3-year-olds and is the first prep for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) in March.
Deputy G, ridden by Gary Stevens, overcame a stumble at the start and turned back the stretch rally by R Loyal Man for a half-length victory in the $176,250 grade III Bashford Manor Stakes for 2-year-olds, the closing day feature at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate