The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously Feb. 15 to suspend fired chief state steward John Veitch for one year in connection with his actions surrounding the Life At Ten case.
A surprisingly good night for business on a winter evening at Turfway Park doesn't hide the fact Kentucky's year-round Thoroughbred racing industry is in serious trouble.
The 24th running of the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park Jan. 2 opens the track's stakes series for 3-year-olds and is the first prep for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) in March.
Deputy G, ridden by Gary Stevens, overcame a stumble at the start and turned back the stretch rally by R Loyal Man for a half-length victory in the $176,250 grade III Bashford Manor Stakes for 2-year-olds, the closing day feature at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Quick Arrest Following Delaware Park Shooting
- La Verdad Cruises in Honorable Miss
- American Pharoah's Haskell Stopover
- Solow Extends Group I Win Streak in Sussex
- AAEP Seeks EIPH Treatment Alternatives
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- The Day the Haskell Came of Age
- Contessa Sets Racing Education Clinic Dates
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million