The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission voted unanimously Feb. 15 to suspend fired chief state steward John Veitch for one year in connection with his actions surrounding the Life At Ten case.
A surprisingly good night for business on a winter evening at Turfway Park doesn't hide the fact Kentucky's year-round Thoroughbred racing industry is in serious trouble.
The 24th running of the $50,000 Turfway Prevue Stakes at Turfway Park Jan. 2 opens the track's stakes series for 3-year-olds and is the first prep for the Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) in March.
Deputy G, ridden by Gary Stevens, overcame a stumble at the start and turned back the stretch rally by R Loyal Man for a half-length victory in the $176,250 grade III Bashford Manor Stakes for 2-year-olds, the closing day feature at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Slow Five-Furlong Move for General a Rod
- Rebel Winner Hoppertunity Works at Churchill
- Changes at Pedigree Consultants, TrueNicks
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Ria Antonia, Napravnik Aboard, Breezes
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream