Sitting eighth at the three-sixteenths pole, Mondialiste unleashed a furious stretch run and found just enough to win the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 13.
Robert Ogden's Amazing Maria gave irrefutable proof she is the real deal Aug. 2 at Deauville in capturing the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) for her second straight top-level victory.
Robert Ogden's homebred Amazing Maria overtook front-runner Euro Charline late and stayed on strongly to capture the Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) July 10 at Newmarket.
Move In Time, a 25-1 longshot, was up in time in the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp to earn his first group I win at age 6 Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
The Arqana summer mixed sale closed July 3 with a record in total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading led by a group I-placed son of Galileo bought for 190,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed