Last seen in the U.S. finishing second to Tepin in the 2015 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I), Mondialiste (IRE) would not be denied Aug. 13, emerging from a multi-horse stretch battle in the Arlington Million XXXIV Stakes (gr. IT).
Sitting eighth at the three-sixteenths pole, Mondialiste unleashed a furious stretch run and found just enough to win the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 13.
Robert Ogden's Amazing Maria gave irrefutable proof she is the real deal Aug. 2 at Deauville in capturing the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) for her second straight top-level victory.
Robert Ogden's homebred Amazing Maria overtook front-runner Euro Charline late and stayed on strongly to capture the Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) July 10 at Newmarket.
Move In Time, a 25-1 longshot, was up in time in the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp to earn his first group I win at age 6 Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
The Arqana summer mixed sale closed July 3 with a record in total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading led by a group I-placed son of Galileo bought for 190,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- 'Canadian Million' Races Set for Woodbine
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief