Last seen in the U.S. finishing second to Tepin in the 2015 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I), Mondialiste (IRE) would not be denied Aug. 13, emerging from a multi-horse stretch battle in the Arlington Million XXXIV Stakes (gr. IT).
Sitting eighth at the three-sixteenths pole, Mondialiste unleashed a furious stretch run and found just enough to win the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 13.
Robert Ogden's Amazing Maria gave irrefutable proof she is the real deal Aug. 2 at Deauville in capturing the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) for her second straight top-level victory.
Robert Ogden's homebred Amazing Maria overtook front-runner Euro Charline late and stayed on strongly to capture the Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) July 10 at Newmarket.
Move In Time, a 25-1 longshot, was up in time in the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp to earn his first group I win at age 6 Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
The Arqana summer mixed sale closed July 3 with a record in total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading led by a group I-placed son of Galileo bought for 190,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner