Mondialiste (IRE), winner of the Aug. 13 Arlington Million (gr. IT), is likely to bypass a rematch with champion Tepin in the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park in favor of a start in the 1 1/2 miles Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT).
Last seen in the U.S. finishing second to Tepin in the 2015 Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I), Mondialiste (IRE) would not be denied Aug. 13, emerging from a multi-horse stretch battle in the Arlington Million XXXIV Stakes (gr. IT).
Sitting eighth at the three-sixteenths pole, Mondialiste unleashed a furious stretch run and found just enough to win the $1 million Ricoh Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 13.
Robert Ogden's Amazing Maria gave irrefutable proof she is the real deal Aug. 2 at Deauville in capturing the Prix Rothschild (Fr-I) for her second straight top-level victory.
Robert Ogden's homebred Amazing Maria overtook front-runner Euro Charline late and stayed on strongly to capture the Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) July 10 at Newmarket.
Move In Time, a 25-1 longshot, was up in time in the Prix de l'Abbaye de Longchamp to earn his first group I win at age 6 Oct. 5 at Longchamp.
G Force rallied powerfully between rivals and collared last year's winner Gordon Lord Byron in the closing stages to capture the Betfred Sprint Cup (Eng-I) Sept. 6 at Haydock.
The Arqana summer mixed sale closed July 3 with a record in total receipts and a rise in average price, with trading led by a group I-placed son of Galileo bought for 190,000 euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Getting Started on Breeders' Cup Handicapping
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Cool Arrow On Target for First Spendthrift