After a session topped by an Astrology filly bought by Mandy Pope's Whisper Hill Farm for $300,000, the Ocala Breeders' Sales' 2-year-olds in training sale ended June 14 with double-digit increases in average and median prices.
Spurred by a diverse group of international and domestic buyers active at all levels of the market, the Ocala Breeders’ Sales spring sale of 2-year-olds in training came to an end April 28 with records set in key statistical categories.
If the brisk activity in the barn area is any indication, Ocala Breeders' Sales is poised for a strong spring 2-year-olds in training sale.
Calculator's win in the Jan. 10 Sham Stakes (gr. III) adds to the legacy of the O'Farrell family's Ocala Stud. The Florida-bred son of In Summation races for longtime Ocala Stud client Richard Pell.
Three-time grade 1 winner Sweet Return (GB), owned by the Red Oak Farm of John J. Brunetti, will stand the 2015 breeding season at Ocala Stud Farm.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Company officials could not have scripted a better start to the OBS spring sale of 2-year-olds in training in Ocala, Fla., on Monday, April 22. Bidding proved fast and furious, fueling large gains.
Ocala Stud may no longer own undefeated Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) winner Unlimited Budget, but the farm's association with the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I)-bound filly's family goes back nearly 60 years.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint