A Fastnet Rock colt sold for the overall highest price of Aus$290,000 (US$280,788) on second and final day of the Magic Millions National weanling sale May 28 on the Gold Coast.
Magic Millions' series of national sales ended June 8 in Australia with mixed results for the final session of the yearling auction and the sale of racehorses. But the gross for the entire series of sales was up 42.1%.
Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
It was another slow day at the 2008 Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. The 110 horses sold (from 199 offered) grossed 746,100 guineas, to average 6,783 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ward Sends Talented Duo to Juvenile Turf
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- WinStar Buys Half Interest in Daredevil
- The Big Apple's Big Vote
- NJ Sports Betting Put on Hold by Court Order
- Fair Grounds Ordered to Restore Purse Funds
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Lab: Delays Followed Suspicious Samples Spike