A Fastnet Rock colt sold for the overall highest price of Aus$290,000 (US$280,788) on second and final day of the Magic Millions National weanling sale May 28 on the Gold Coast.
Magic Millions' series of national sales ended June 8 in Australia with mixed results for the final session of the yearling auction and the sale of racehorses. But the gross for the entire series of sales was up 42.1%.
Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
It was another slow day at the 2008 Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. The 110 horses sold (from 199 offered) grossed 746,100 guineas, to average 6,783 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Medaglia d'Oro Weanling Tops Inglis Sale
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Spanish Queen Unmatched in Honeymoon Victory
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks