A Fastnet Rock colt sold for the overall highest price of Aus$290,000 (US$280,788) on second and final day of the Magic Millions National weanling sale May 28 on the Gold Coast.
Magic Millions' series of national sales ended June 8 in Australia with mixed results for the final session of the yearling auction and the sale of racehorses. But the gross for the entire series of sales was up 42.1%.
Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
It was another slow day at the 2008 Tattersalls December foal sale Nov. 26 in England. The 110 horses sold (from 199 offered) grossed 746,100 guineas, to average 6,783 guineas. The median was 4,000 guineas.
Most Popular Stories
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour