A visually impressive last-out allowance score proved to be an indicator of future success for Paulina's Love in the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Gary Tanaka's Golden Apples had her first recorded work since being crowned last year's filly and mare turf champion, logging three furlongs in :37 2/5 breezing Sunday over Hollywood Park's firm turf course.
Continuing her quest for an Eclipse Award, Golden Apples drilled a half mile on the Hollywood Park turf Wednesday in a bullet :46.20 breezing for the $500,000 Matriarch (gr. IT) for fillies and mares on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Handle Decreased 26% at Monmouth Park in 2016
- Miyadi Suspended by CHRB After Altercation